Alright guys, I am on a no-added-sugar-diet until the end of the month, meaning I can’t eat anything that has sugar but I can at least eat fruits. I was browsing my photos and found a picture of the cookies I made last February. I am craving for it right now, but I need to discipline myself.
So instead of baking, I am blogging. I’d just like to share my favorite and I would say the best oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. I was looking for some oatmeal dessert recipe to make that day because I just bought some oatmeal at costco and they are huge and so I have to figure out on how to use them besides from the usual way. I am not actually a fan of raisins, but this one I can eat. I brought some for my co-workers and they loved it. This so so easy to make and you can make this with your children, they would love it.
This recipe from genius kitchen has more than a thousand reviews and it has 5/5 stars. This is legit guys. Try this one now!
**This is not my own recipe. I found this at Genius Kitchen website.**
Whisk together and set aside:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in:
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the mixture onto the cream until no flour is visible. (Over mixing develops the gluten making a tough cookie)
- Add the oats and raisins.
- Fill a #40 cookie scoop and press against side of bowl, pulling up to level the dough.
- Drop 2 inches apart on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes on center rack until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from the oven. Let it sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.