Babies and crawlers does not need shoes. They only need booties at this time. So save your money till your child is about 1 year old. Your baby is probably starting to walk already at 1 year old. Now it is the perfect timing to invest in a good pair of shoes. Although we know that their feet get big fast, it is better to find something worth your money and make your child’s feet happy. Children require new shoes every 3 to 4 months.
Here are some tips that could help you find the perfect shoes:
- If you do not know your child’s size, you can go to a store and ask for help to measure your child’s feet. Poorly fitting shoes can cause toe problems.
- Do not buy shoes that are too big. I know that you want to save money for buying big shoes so your child can “grow into”. But walking in a big shoes is not safe and not comfortable for your child.
- Find something that is soft and avoid stiff leather materials.
- Pick a shoes that has breathable material like leather, canvas on the upper part of their shoes as children’s feet perspire heavily.
- Get something that are easy to get on and off.
- Check the outer sole of the shoes. They need to have cushion and it should also be flexible.
I bought Robeez Fisherman Sandal ($25) for my son when he turned 1. The shoes is soft and has flexible sole. It is made of soft leather and my son’s feet are able to breathe so I didn’t have a problem with him having sweaty feet. It is also easy to put and it didn’t slide off my child’s feet. So when he turned 16 months, I bought the walker size and he wore them until he was 19 months. I do recommend this shoes! I just wish they make bigger sizes of this style. It is perfect for indoor and outdoor especially during summer.