I’ve made banana bread before using the regular loaf pan and this time I used a mini loaf pan. Since it’s a mini bread pan, the cooking time is lesser compared to using a regular loaf pan (9 inch). We have 3 ripe bananas on the table and I decided to make some banana bread this morning for my toddler since he loves bananas a lot.
My toddler’s judgement: He loves it! He ate some egg and rice for breakfast and then this bread. He almost ate most of the single serving mini bread. This turned out really moist and tasty.
Mini Banana Bread
Course: Breakfast, Snacks
Serving size: 12
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanila
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or any nuts you prefer (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar and butter.
3. Then add the banana, milk and vanilla. Use an electric mixer or a hand mixer to mix them altogether until smooth.
3. Then stir in dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt until they are incorporated into the wet ingredients.
4. Add the nuts and/or chocolate chips.
5. Pour the mixture in a mini loaf pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. If you’re using a 9 inch loaf pan, bake it for an hour.
6. Once the bread is cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.