My craving for sweets has gotten really bad lately and yesterday I gave in. My husband bought some blueberries from costco and I decided to make some muffins. My son, unfortunately doesn’t like blueberries so I though maybe a blueberry muffin will change his mind.
This is the second time I made these tasty fluffy muffins and my family loves it. My son though still hard a hard time with the blueberries but I am trying to slowly have him used to the taste. So cross-fingers, hopefully soon he’ll like the blueberries because I will definitely make these delicious-finger-licking-good muffins!
For this recipe, I didn’t use butter, instead Iused canola oil. You can also substitue the milk for yogart if you’d like. Also, if you want bursting blueberry flavor in your muffin, you can add another 1/3 cup of blueberries.
Soft and fluffy mini blueberry muffins with streusel crumb topping
|Course: Breakfast, Dessert
Categories: MuffinPreparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries
1 tablespoon flourFor the topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 stick salted butter-melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2. For the crumb topping: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter (make sure the butter is not hot before mixing it) and stir with a fork until crumbly and set aside.
3. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
5. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
6. In a small bowl sprinkle 2 cups blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour. Fold into the batter.
7. Line mini muffin pan with paper liners. Spoon/scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of each cup then cover with streusel crumb topping.
8. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!