I’m sharing my go-to blueberry muffin recipe which is easy and quick to make. This one is my most baked muffin at home which is perfect for breakfast. Lemon and blueberries are a perfect combo!
Let me also tell you the secret of having a moist muffin — it’s the Greek yogurt, so do not omit this ingredient.
I use fresh blueberries. If you have frozen blueberries at home, you can use it too. You can add more blueberries if you’d like and if you want the lemony flavor to stand out too, add another 1/2 tablespoon to the mixture.
The streusel topping add some crunch to the muffin. It is sweet and buttery which is a great addition to top off the muffins. You can use the streusel topping recipe and add it to any muffins you’d like to bake! I did use it for my chocolate chip muffins and it tasted really good.
Serving size: 12 muffins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
For Streusel Topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
7 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
For Lemon Blueberry Muffins:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup blueberries-fresh
½ cup of blueberries for topping
1 tablespoon flour
For the crumb topping:
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
For the muffin:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees and line standard muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
2. In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
4. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together. Do not overmix!
5. Place 1 cup of blueberries in a small bowl, dust it with 1 tablespoon flour and toss them until coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them in the batter.
6. Spoon batter or use ice cream scoop into prepared muffin tins, filling maximum 2/3 of each cup. Top each muffins with the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries.
7. Add the streusel topping generously, covering the blueberry mixture.
8. Place them in the oven and bake 13-15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!